a collection of recipes, books, community events, play groups, great sales, and other fun happenings in Canton, MI
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
What to do in Canton?
Ok, I need some ideas of what to do this Fall with my Mom who is coming up for a short visit in about three weeks. I know there are some fun fall things coming up around Canton/Plymouth/Ann Arbor, area. Any ideas?
Also check out leisure.canton-mi.org. Depending on her interest and when she'll be here, you could take her to Fall Festival (Oct. 1-4th). Also check out the library to see if you can get some free passes to one of the State Parks and Museums in the area. You can go to Greenfield Village-if the weather is nice, or you could also look at theater type places (Ann Arbor Comedy Club, Village Theater). There are probably more things out there, too, but this should get you started. Have fun!
We've taken family to Belle Isle and on a ride on the People Mover getting on at Greek Town. I've only done it with Rob though, because I don't like to go downtown with out some man power.
I just got a flyer advertising the 1st annual Chainsaw Art and Chili Cook-off. Oct 10, 10-4pm. (Off Michigan Ave at Morton Taylor.) That could be fun too. If you decide to do a zoo, then I've heard the one in Toledo (versus Detroit) is more manageable for a 1 day experience. If you do Detroit, then I've heard one should take the train to the back of the zoo and then just work your way forward.
5 comments:
Apple orchards are awesome this time of year.
Cider Mills, Farmers Markets. The leaves will probably be really pretty by then too. Michigan.org has a bunch of Fall Foliage tours you could look at.
Also check out leisure.canton-mi.org.
Depending on her interest and when she'll be here, you could take her to Fall Festival (Oct. 1-4th). Also check out the library to see if you can get some free passes to one of the State Parks and Museums in the area. You can go to Greenfield Village-if the weather is nice, or you could also look at theater type places (Ann Arbor Comedy Club, Village Theater). There are probably more things out there, too, but this should get you started. Have fun!
We've taken family to Belle Isle and on a ride on the People Mover getting on at Greek Town. I've only done it with Rob though, because I don't like to go downtown with out some man power.
I just got a flyer advertising the 1st annual Chainsaw Art and Chili Cook-off. Oct 10, 10-4pm. (Off Michigan Ave at Morton Taylor.) That could be fun too.
If you decide to do a zoo, then I've heard the one in Toledo (versus Detroit) is more manageable for a 1 day experience. If you do Detroit, then I've heard one should take the train to the back of the zoo and then just work your way forward.
Post a Comment